You know the messages app on your Mac OS X?
You can easily get your Facebook messages through this.
Open Messages App, go to Messages in the Menu Bar, and click on Add Account.
Choose ‘Add Other Account’.
Now there will be a form for you to fill up, use the following information;
- Account Type: Select ‘Jabber‘
- Account Name: Fill with firstname.lastname@example.org (don’t forget to replace ‘username’ with your own Facebook username)
- Password: Enter your Facebook password
- Server: Use chat.facebook.com
- Port: 5222
- You can leave both ‘Use SSL’ and ‘Use Kerberos v5…’ unchecked.
Now you will have Facebook Chat through the native Mac OS X interface.